W7) What I have learned about copyright /박채정, PARK CHAEJEONG

 What I have learned/realized about copyright is...


 I went through several trials and errors as an editor of Wikipedia. I'm going to tell you about copyright-related parts of them. 


 Copyright is both a very important part and a very careful part. What is copyright? It means the legal right of the creator of the creation to his or her work. This is why, as many people know, works should not be downloaded or shared illegally. In case of infringement of such copyright, it may be punished because it is considered to be the same as committing a crime by law. 


 In my case, I have posted the official poster of the drama on Wikipedia. But it was requested to be deleted because I didn't take or make it myself. Thankfully, another editor and professor of Wikipedia pointed out my mistake. Since then, I have studied copyright-related issues and had time to think about any articles. I don't want you guys to make the same mistake as me. So please check the link for more detailed information related to copyright.


 In a society where digital materials exist in countless network spaces, and in an open community like Wikipedia, we need to be more careful about these copyright issues.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W4: What are the pros and cons of using Naver vs Google for research purposes?

W2 : After watching Mitch Resnick’s TED video

W13/After reading “Categorization”/HARI KIM